有見關於膠袋稅/環保那段有有心人留言及討論,現集結如下,有興趣加入討論者可留言。前仆後繼,唔為造勢。
原文
開徵膠袋稅
在網上翻看港台鏗鏘集,其中一集的主題為膠袋,指香港人每天用膠袋量冠全球。當中有一片段訪問一名師奶,問她若果徵膠袋稅如五毫錢一個膠袋何如,她一臉從容地說「都係五毫一蚊,畀得起」。另外一名師奶則謂徵稅措施可行,稅收可捐回作環保用途,此舉不錯。
大錯特錯。
Campaign 式的回應,我會寫,你要付的不是五毫一蚊,若果你抱持這種「雞碎咁多我畀得起」的態度,你要付的代價是你無法計量的多、沉重。但我不是搞活動的。我只會 寫,普羅巿民對環境保育的概念始終仍然停留在表面,所謂的環保推廣大部分我稱之為「走捷徑類」,若果不認識普羅巿民對環保的掌握程度,根本無法有效地推行 任何環保政策。
不論師奶或是政府,錢可以搞掂一切的思想果真根深蒂固。
節目中環團和膠袋製造商強調,最大的問題是濫用。 與其這樣說,倒不如將之扯到我們是否會對自己日常生活作出觀察和反省。Lifestyle vs another lifestyle,我常提醒綠色生活不應該是一種lifestyle〔我最討厭「綠色生活」四隻字〕,故利用這招只會跌入圈套。若果改為「師奶,you got your say」又會否太誇張?
我媽也愛儲膠袋,並且會待閒時把膠袋一個個摺好,現在家裡有三大袋未經「摺好」的大膠袋包細膠袋,再者,她一般對外觀美麗的膠袋愛護有加。膠袋在師奶眼中其實是否一種購物慾作用下的另類戰利品?除了方便,膠袋與師奶的政治經濟學實在密不可分。
審視自己呢,我喜歡無端端興起走到超巿買一兩包薯片和飲品,就算沒有帶袋,兩手空空的,大概都不會跟收銀員要膠袋,怪相中有點型。
回應:
5/24/2007 10:34 上午匿名 said...
HI OR,
反而有興趣想知你點解抗拒綠色生活四隻大字...>
p
5/25/2007 7:37 上午 Chris said...
那是針對傳媒、政府〔甚至是某些環團〕所建構什麼所謂「綠色生活」的意義而言,比如說綠化家居、慳電、廢物回收、買或食用有機食品、周六日往郊外親親大自然。
然而這些「行動」的「內涵」其實往往將我們的生活與環境脫離了關係,這可能是因為執行或運作上的陋習、不能清楚了解行動背後的意義與承擔,更多時候只是一種被形塑出來的「正確.綠色.生活.態度」。
我對四字此尤其抗拒,是因為曾在環保團體內因宣傳環境保育信息而感受到這種「生活態度」是如何被簡化,或調轉 - 任何與環境育信息有關都可以簡化成「齊來支持綠色生活」等語句,結果多變成將本來要向公眾闡明複雜的背後理念和構想化成傳媒/普羅大眾聽得明白的論述。
在我腦中,融入環境,從而有意識地保育是一種反思過程;我們要多少食物?在生產這些食物時我們又要用多少資源?足夠便夠?先要多一點再補償?
再者,技巧上來說,現在的綠色生活被打造成一種lifestyle,一來極有被扭曲的趨勢,二來是以lifestyle打lifestyle,基本上沒有得打,最終只是「選擇」問題。
5/29/2007 1:30 下午 Yun said...
嗯﹐很值得反省。是啊﹐綠色生活已慢慢變成一種lifestyle﹐還是高尚的。
but﹐to educate people about recycling is fairly difficult to do... so I'm also thinking, is 「走捷徑類」better than nothing?
I keep having this thought, how many people can I influence about recycling? 10? 20? Does that make anything difference? Then I reassure myself that thost 10, 20 will influence another 10, 20 people... and so forth. But, a lot of time, I feel it's difficult... and not to say I'm doing a good job either... I'm worry about our mother nature.
5/25/2007 4:32 下午 匿名 said...
Yes, I understand your point and I agree. So you are not objecting to the idea of “green life” but just resisting to the way it is interpreted. Being instant and convenient is always the most preferable in Hong Kong society. If it is the general phenomenon of the society, (I believe not only in the domain of conservation/green life), there should be an exit outstand others – a normal development of the trend as the society wishes. It might take time, and it might be running out of time. But there should be an exit and awaiting someone to find it out, disseminate the message in an influential way, and make a difference. Don’t underestimate oneself’s power and intention. But still, the increasing emphasis on “green life”, regardless of how it is interpreted, perceived and implemented, be it commercialized, exaggerated or simplified, is a good start. It is an entrance to a real “green life”. Supply and demand should meet each other. I think it is about what learning process best suit Hong Kong people. Start by entertainment, knowledge, experience or contemplation? Start by economic incentive, the desire to be healthy, the pursuit of spiritual well being, or just convenience? How to instill the message to populace from a “lower level”, like arousing the willingness to purchase organic food by providing incentive, to a “higher level”, like analyzing the (economic/ecological) cost of generating (organic) food, to a philosophical level, like contemplating the reason, the motivation, the meaning, and the value behind, which will in turn re-adjust the attitude of purchase, such as deliberating the amount we should consume? The problem of NGOs/media/government/public in Hong Kong is we pause at the first stage and think it is the whole. We stop going further. That’s why the green movement in Hong Kong halted in a half way while those in other countries is more advanced and now moving towards a more viable direction.
That’s why I appreciate Tao Kit very much... He lowers his level of interpretation to meet the standard of general public, whereas still having his stands on a certain issue and still bringing out message which stimulate the thoughts of people. Though one might have disagreed his viewpoint and cannot stand his attitude of mocking sometimes, it does no harm to provide a very different (sometimes ridiculous) viewpoint which really stimulates.
p
5/27/2007 11:11 上午 Chris said...
有一次看蘋果論壇版,一位經常指控環團/環保份子的博客黃牛說,保育動物、環境只是借口,你們這班人的主要攻擊其實是對現在生活貢獻良多的資本主義。
看罷笑了,因為他的說話十分有意思。若果以照我的想法,這位黃牛也果真十分了解某一取向的環保人的思考邏輯。
「搞」環境保育並不能獨善其身,他牽涉到社會發展、政治、經濟環境等因素,更必須考量在地因素。
傳理/新聞的[有限]訓練讓我也不能不將信息化簡,因為我們的TA是廣大巿民。其後有所反思,一.廣大巿民的領略有時並非如我們的想像中愛即食愛易食〔那跟降低level一點有關〕;二.若果環保界大潮流都是以這種簡化信息為主導,是否更/也有需要,更/也值得提倡另一些似深非深的東西[有些只不過是我們未接觸過便覺得深],讓保育的層面更「多元」?
讓我再想想。
5/27/2007 12:33 下午 匿名 said...
原本打0個篇, 冇左...>_<...唔重新打過了, 撮要如下: 簡化信息本身無罪, 因材施教本身無可厚非. 但要抵消其中的不良結果, 則依靠如何把零碎的信息連結成一個big picture 和一個完整的環. 現在的社會, 由4歲小朋友到40歲師奶, 到80歲阿伯都識講環保, 都知道要做什麼達至環保, 只是答案是一樣的(有冇做係另一回事). 多得環團和政府的大力推動. 這是你所講的簡化而不多元. 環保本身係有好多兩難同矛盾的. 究竟去完廁所的廁紙如何處理才更環保? 丟入馬桶, 直奔大海? 丟入垃圾桶, 拿去堆填? 直接用水沖洗身體? 但現在香港來來去去都只是某一些"簡化信息"和活動, 十年如一日. 從我小學時代已鼓吹的3r, 到現在還是一樣, 不但理念一樣, 活動也一樣. 這是香港環團/政府最令我不屑的 - 毫無創意, 永遠只採用最安全和"政治正確"的方法推動環保... 香港, 缺乏"平台/單位/機構", 把保育和環境不同的層面帶給市民. 其中一個主因係, 佢地聘請的員工中, 好少係有咁高層次, 會反思, 明白整個保育概念..
Comments
我想,走捷徑類也是須要的,例如廢物分類[新聞節目和大家都提過不下千次:香港分類少,回收更少]、簡簡單單親親大自然,這些都要做,不做,死得重快。
正如就算我覺得環團不夠稱職,做得不夠,錢花哪去了,如何如何,但我仍然樂意說,請繼續捐錢予你信任/認同[稍為也好]的環保團體。
記得曾經有一個team meeting,討論及震腦怎樣增加會員數目,當時我說,我捐錢給你/加入做會員,就是因為我沒時間沒知識去投入環境保育,所以,我將「錢」交給你,希望你這個具專業、科學、有心等的環團「幫」我為環境出一分力。這句甚得老闆歡心,認為我有丁點兒洞察力。[多謝]
當然,衰一點,可以寫成「我知環境問題嚴重,家陣我就畀錢你,麻煩你幫我解決問題」〔所以,你畀錢我得勒〕。
現在,我當然不敢這樣說,因為這樣推廣的代價,可能是加快巿民與環境關係的脫離。我今天會用另一個說法,「要錢又要人」,但未必有果效。
又例如,常見有宣傳以「真相」/由我來告訴你環境正在敗壞中;不妨說成,「不如你自己feel下/搵下個真相係點,跟住你話我知[你想]點做」。
又說到哪去了。
我想讓大家一直感到困惑的是「怎樣做」的問題。雖然我覺得怎努力也好果效應該不會豐碩,但對「怎樣做」卻感到樂觀,應該仍有大把野可以「玩」。例如怎樣「騎劫」或「協作」現時巿民偶有慶烚烚就來的「集體回憶/意識/乜都好」和「運動」,以及怎樣將環境扣連於各個不同但影響甚廣的範疇,如旅遊及什麼[我技窮了,多謝]。
[技窮絕招 - 講第樣]忽現想起,到底大家是如何開始「洗濕個頭」呢?是早在兒時已在山間海裡玩樂早與自然相伴?是老師帶你去米埔始知道香港原來有濕地?
有興趣者不妨分享一下,或者可疏理出一個普遍又獨有現象來想想下一步。
是良知吧﹗又覺得﹐如果做少少野又可以良心好過些﹐那就做吧。開始時﹐當然是從很小的事情做起啦﹐例如廢物分類。我份人其實超怕麻煩的﹐但麻煩少少而可以「幫到個地球」﹐都可以既。
But I think once I started, I'm more aware of the condition of our mother Earth. I become more receptive of the recycling information that was being feed to me. Over time, I think I'm taking baby steps. (Still am.)
環保絕對不是「少少麻煩」﹐是要改變生活方式的。And that can be a problem if you live with someone who doesn't share the same mentality. I do think it has been "easier" for me since I live by myself.
Sometimes, I really think it’s difficult to educate people on it. It’s not just a matter of inconvenience; it also costly. So, in order for people to go further, people need to really come to believe that, hey, the planet we live in is really in big shit now! Do something; anything will help. To be honest, I got mocked a little by my friends for being an environmentalist, and the thing is, I don’t even think I’m all that…
But, I do think easier to do in here (San Francisco, California) than in HK. I can see the trend that more and more people are coming this way.
I think incentive is important to motivate people to recycle. In our natural grocery stores, if you bring your own bag, they will credit you $0.05 or $0.10 (US). They also give you options of bring your bottles/containers to buy bulk items. What does HK do with plastic bottles or soda can caps? When we buy them in the store, we got charged $0.05 each, but we can sell them to get the money back, My mom would save up plastic bottles; though it’s only few dollar for a big big bag, but it makes her happy. And that means it works; or else I can imagine her throwing those bottles in the garbage can.
Okay, it’s getting too long. I think the bottom line is, 環保﹐並不是一時一刻的事情﹐要慢慢來。可以做得幾多就要做幾多。Every little thing will make a difference.
By the way, have you watched the “An Inconvenient Truth”? I haven’t, but plan to watch it.